➾ Communications Coordinator
Seeking Candidates Today; Position Begins in Late July, 2018
The Communications Coordinator is part of a three-person communications team at the Phoenix-based Flinn Foundation, a leader in Arizona’s philanthropic community.
The selected candidate will possess strong technical skills, excellent writing skills, a responsive customer-service orientation, an instinct for collaboration, a passion for learning, and a commitment to the Foundation’s mission: to improve the quality of life in Arizona, to benefit future generations.
Prospective candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, writing sample, and three references to: Matt Ellsworth, Vice President, Communications. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis, with the hope of selecting a candidate well in advance of the position beginning in late July.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and (3-5 years preferred) communications, marketing, customer-relations, or related professional experience.
- Fluency in design and communications tools, including WordPress CMS (and basic HTML and CSS coding), Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office suite, Slack, and major social-media platforms.
- Fluency in CRM database and email-marketing tools, ideally Salesforce and Campaign Monitor.
- Strong organizational, process-management, and data-analysis skills.
- Ability to write directly and accurately for various audiences and media.
- Administration of Foundation’s core online communications properties, including website, mass-email newsletters, and social-media accounts.
- Administration of CRM database.
- Graphic-design support across Foundation programs.
- Coordination of print mailing processes.
- Facilitation of efficient and productive internal communications.
- Administer website: post content; manage site-driven user inquiries and feedback; review site content, track performance metrics, and develop recommendations to optimize and leverage visitor engagement.
- Administer Campaign Monitor email-marketing account: Develop email campaign templates; program campaigns; track subscriber data and performance metrics and develop recommendations to optimize and leverage subscriber engagement.
- Administer social-media accounts: post content; engage with followers and other users on behalf of Foundation; monitor topics and accounts of critical importance to Foundation; track performance metrics and develop recommendations to optimize and leverage community engagement; identify promising platforms where Foundation should build audience.
- Serve as resource for colleagues regarding communications tools, such as videoconferencing software and Slack platform, and produce internal email newsletter.
- Serve as one of principal administrators of Salesforce CRM database for all Foundation constituents (both individuals and organizations).
- Support colleagues in updating Salesforce database, tracking campaigns (primarily events and email marketing), building lists and reports, and other projects; support colleagues in learning how to complete these tasks independently and in alignment with agreed procedures.
- Facilitate and maintain (with fellow administrators) integration with Salesforce of appropriate tools, such as Campaign Monitor, FormAssembly, and Eventbrite.
Design and Communications Logistics
- Provide graphic-design and production support for projects including presentations, in-house brochures and reports, event programs and agendas, briefing materials for Board of Directors meetings, etc.
- Provide support in planning and executing events.
- Perform various tasks throughout development, printing, and dissemination of print publications; serve as primary liaison with printers, offsite-storage provider, and mailing house.
- Maintain supply for Foundation business system (letterhead, envelopes, business cards, etc.).
- Maintain archives of publications, reports, presentations, and other print and electronic files, and provide support to colleagues accessing files.
- Provide back-up reception-desk coverage as assigned.
- Pursue professional development (continuing education) in areas of professional expertise and interest.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned and contribute to shared responsibility for fostering excellence at the Foundation.
About the Flinn Foundation
Since its creation in 1965, the Flinn Foundation’s primary area of grantmaking has been health care, with a specific focus since 2000 on the biosciences. In concert with that area of emphasis, the Flinn Foundation’s grantmaking and programmatic areas also include arts and culture, the Flinn Scholars, and the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
The Flinn Foundation’s Board of Directors is comprised of nine of Arizona’s foremost leaders in medicine, business, industry, and finance. The Foundation’s professional staff of 22 is led by President and CEO Tammy McLeod.
Central Phoenix. A handful of times per year, same-day in-state travel may be necessary.
Typically, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Salary and benefits
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: vacation, holiday, and sick leave; medical and dental insurance; life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; covered parking!