Take advantage of this NO COST workshop to help you prepare your students to succeed in the upcoming 2008 Arizona Science & Engineering Fair (AzSEF), presented by Phillip Huebner, AzSEF Director. The Educator Academy is designed to provide teachers the knowledge, skills and resources to assist students in the development of science fair projects. Teachers will:
- Actively participate in the process of developing science fair projects
- Gain understanding of the scientific method
- Develop skills to assist students in designing award-winning projects
- Receive a CD containing information regarding participation in AzSEF
- Receive a classroom resource guide with step-by-step procedures to help students develop science fair projects
- Receive resources for the classroom
- Resource guide with step-by-step procedures to help schools establish school/district science fairs
Educator Academies have been scheduled for the following dates throughout Arizona with more locations being planned:
- August 27-29: Kayenta School District, Kyenta, AZ; Deadline: August 15 (Sponsored by Embry Riddle Aeronautical University)
- September 12-13: Northern Pioneer College, Snowflake, AZ; Deadline: September 4 (Sponsored by Embry Riddle Aeronautical University)
- September 26-28: Windemere Conference Center, Mesa, AZ; Deadline: September 17 (Sponsored by General Dynamics)
- October 8-10: Wallace Elementary School Library, 1201 16th Street, Parker, AZ; Deadline: September 28 (Sponsored by Embry Riddle Aeronautical University)
- October 11-13: Cave Creek (location to be determined); Deadline: September 28 (Sponsored by Cave Creek Kiwanis Club)
A minimum of 20 teachers is required to conduct the workshop; maximum of 24. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided each day at the Academy.
How can you be a part of this prestigious group of teachers? Complete the registration form with the names of all teachers who will be attending and fax it to the AzSEF office at (480) 727-1061. For questions, contact: Lois Hedlund, Event Coordinator (480) 727-1148, Arizona Science & Engineering Fair, Arizona State University Polytechnic campus, 5945 S. Amulet, Mesa, AZ 85212.