The 2019 Flinn Scholarship application is now open.
Next spring, 20 of the most outstanding high-school seniors in Arizona will be selected as the 34th class of Flinn Scholars. Would you like to join this absolutely brilliant, fun-loving, globe-trotting community of young adults ready to make a difference in Arizona and the world?
Then do it!
The due date for the Flinn Scholarship application is Friday, October 5, 2018.
Before you start your application, familiarize yourself with the process described here and elsewhere on our website. Then follow the application link below and begin what might become the most rewarding experience of your life so far.
How the Flinn Scholarship Application Works
The Flinn Scholarship application is comprised of:
- forms that collect biographical and family data and information about current studies, extracurricular activities, and employment;
- three essay questions and five short-answer questions;
- two teacher recommendations, submitted separately by your teachers;
- a report from your high school’s academic counselor, submitted separately by your counselor (and, at the option of that academic counselor, a recommendation if he or she knows you well enough to provide one);
- a copy of your transcript, uploaded by your counselor;
- copies of your SAT and/or ACT score reports, sent directly to the Flinn Scholars Program (enter Code 2175). Scores from the September 8 ACT and October 6 SAT do count for our process.
What are the 2019 Flinn Scholarship essays?
- Describe a time in your life when you had a central role in accomplishing something important that could not have been accomplished alone or without partnership. What lessons did you learn from that experience?
- Tell us your story.
- What is the defining challenge of your generation? Please defend your opinion.
This Is Important
It is your responsibility to ensure that all application components are submitted and received by the Flinn Scholars Program by the deadline. The deadline for applicants is Friday, October 5, 2018. The deadline for teacher and counselor recommendations is Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
The application season is an incredibly demanding time for your teachers and counselors; they deserve advance notice if you would like them to write recommendations, and will likely welcome polite inquiries as the deadline approaches to confirm that they have been able to submit the recommendations.
Note: You cannot submit your completed application until your teachers and counselor submit their recommendations.
In scope and value, the Flinn Scholarship is unlike almost any other undergraduate scholarship in the United States. In fact, there are only a handful of states with strictly merit-based awards that compare: Colorado, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia. That’s about it.
Learn more about the Flinn Scholarship’s benefits and requirements, as well as review tips and frequently asked questions, from these five sections of our website:
Now, it’s time for you to apply.
Ready to begin?
You may send questions about the application process at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.